For a while I was able to post a weekly summary of what was hot here at RRW, but missed it for the last few weeks.
We had a really good week and September is shaping up to be one of our biggest months yet (in seven years).
If you find me repeating things you already know, remember that we welcome new readers every day who are anxious to get up-to-speed on the federal refugee resettlement program.
Here are our top posts this week (you can see the daily top posts in the right hand side bar):
1. As invasion of Europe continues, Swiss village raises taxes to support one large African family
2. US State Department: We are bringing thousands of Syrians out of Turkey to the US
3. Our Fact Sheet (always makes the top 3)
Here are the top ten countries (excluding the US) from which we received readers. LOL! I am surprised Switzerland didn’t make it because some readers took umbrage with my characterization of the Swiss and I assumed they were Swiss themselves.
Israel (new to the top ten)
If you missed it, go here and follow links for my interview by Ginni Thomas at the Daily Caller. And, go here to see the mention of RRW in an important article at World Net Daily.
Where to find information if you are arriving here at RRW for the first time.
* See our categories (left hand sidebar)
* See the tag clouds (right hand sidebar)
* Also, we have a great search function and since neither the categories nor the tags go all the way back to our first posts seven years ago, use the search function with a few key words. You might want to first try your city or state to see what we have reported from there over the years.
By the way, our category entitled ‘where to find information’ is filled with reports and documents, but with 289 posts archived there, it is pretty unwieldy now. All of the weekly summaries we have done so far are in the category simply called ‘blogging.’
If you are a new reader, consider subscribing or follow us on twitter (@refugeewatcher) or facebook (RefugeeInfoResource). ‘Like us’ on facebook!
And apologies to all who e-mail and comment, sorry if I don’t respond much, there are just not enough hours in my day!
It occurs to me that I do see everyone’s comments to posts because we do screen them (no foul language, no threats), so if you have something you want me to see, I don’t at all mind if you send the link as a comment to a post, even if it’s a little off-topic.
To regular readers, thank you for your continued concern for this very important issue.
One last thing! I am not eager to spend any time up-dating the look of RRW, first because I am tech-impaired and secondly, because we have been at this for so long, I think readers expect to see the format they are used to. But, I am willing to hear from you if you think RRW needs to be modernized!