Refugee Resettlement Watch

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 5,915 other followers

  • Reaching me by mail

    You can reach me by e-mail here:

    refugeewatcher@gmail.com

    (But my inbox is so overloaded most of the time, it is hard to keep up.)

    Or, since some of you have asked, I have a post office box and you can reach me there by snail mail!

    Ann Corcoran
    P.O. Box 55
    Fairplay, MD 21733

  • Social

  • Refugee Info Resource

  • Categories

  • Archives

  • Blog Stats

    • 8,154,411 hits

Federal refugee resettlement contractors on board—have upped the number to 100,000 Syrians

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 9, 2015

Only a week ago the US State Department contractors (who we hear are leading the State Dept. by the nose!) are now demanding that Obama admit 100,000 Syrians ASAP when only last week they said they would be satisfied with a mere 65,000.

Remember readers that the so-called “religious groups” mentioned in this article are PAID BY THE HEAD TO RESETTLE REFUGEES and that they decide to which towns and cities they will distribute them.

Rev. John McCullough

The Rev. John McCullough, CEO of Church World Service, pulls down a salary and related income package of just short of $300,000 while competing with other so-called “religious groups” in divvying up third world refugees to your towns and cities. http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2014/134/080/2014-134080201-0b0e1844-9.pdf

Reuters  (Hey Reuters, when are you ever going to do a little research and mention that these are US State Department contractors largely funded with US taxpayer dollars masquerading as Christian and Jewish not-for-profit charities!):

(Reuters) – Religious groups in the United States have urged the White House to step up its response to the Syrian refugee crisis, with one on Tuesday calling Washington’s efforts so far “disappointing.”

Church World Service, a global humanitarian organization that represents 37 Christian denominations, has called on the government to take in 100,000 Syrians over the next year, said Jen Smyers, who works on the group’s immigration and refugee program.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, and the Jewish refugee assistance agency HIAS along with secular groups have also backed that figure.

The article goes on to tell us that the Lutherans think (in their infinite wisdom) that “the government’s definition of terrorism is overly broad.”

For new readers, below are the nine federal contractors paid with your tax dollars to resettle refugees in the towns of their choice!

“…assigning refugees to cities in the United States does not fall to the State Department. Those decisions are made by a consortium of nine national nongovernmental organizations.”

By the way, if your local church is doing a “Crop Walk,” then you are raising money for Church World Service which has 5 other employees in 6-figure salaries in addition to McCullough.

Reminder!  Obama will be making the all important decision on refugees for FY2016 any day now.

15 Responses to “Federal refugee resettlement contractors on board—have upped the number to 100,000 Syrians”

  1. […] just a week or so ago the number they were demanding jumped to 100,000, so when Obama sent out the 10,000 Syrians trial balloon this week, it was easy to predict that the […]

    Like

  2. […] Federal refugee resettlement contractors on board—have upped the number to 100,000 Syrians […]

    Like

  3. […] Federal refugee resettlement contractors on board—have upped the number to 100,000 Syrians […]

    Like

  4. Future drive-thru: ‘Would you like some fries and a refugee with that?’

    Like

  5. Priscilla F. Terry said

    And did you read the last paragraph:

    By the way, if your local church is doing a “Crop Walk,” then you are raising money for Church World Service which has 5 other employees in 6-figure salaries in addition to McCullough.

    Like

  6. […] Federal refugee resettlement contractors on board—have upped the number to 100,000 Syrian… September 9, 2015 […]

    Like

  7. sturandot13 said

    Yes, Ann. It WOULD be nice if the enemedia would let people know that our taxpayer dollars are funding this abomination. Not to mention the welfare tit that these people get on immediately; and, for the most part, stay on indefinitely.

    Like

  8. do the contractors also get $15/hr as a min?

    Like

  9. Skip Patel said

    This shouldn’t surprise anyone.

    “Influx of Illegal Alien Minors Energizes Violent U.S. Street Gang MS-13”
    http://tinyurl.com/p23vf23

    Like

  10. Brittius said

    Reblogged this on Brittius.

    Like

  11. domstudent11 said

    How can LIRS still maintain a 501(c)(3) status when it clearly lobbies in favor of specific legislation?
    http://blog.lirs.org/legislation-to-improve-refugee-protections/

    Like

    • Ann Corcoran said

      On top of that it is about 98% taxpayer funded. All of this goes on because NO ONE is looking out for the taxpayers in Washington.

      Like

  12. domstudent11 said

    How can so-called charities place people in communities without the consent of the residents? Wouldn’t doing so require town hall meetings?

    Like

    • Ann Corcoran said

      It requires only “consultation” that is limited to “stakeholders” but there is no opportunity for public input. The consultation can be a simple briefing to the local elected government where the officials don’t have a clue about what this all means and they assume since the US State Department is involved they have no say in it. They could call for a public hearing to at least assess the mood of the community, but that is rare.

      Like

  13. […] Federal refugee resettlement contractors on board—have upped the number to 100,000 Syrians […]

    Like

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: