Announcement from US Embassy in Jordan: Syrian refugee surge to America is now underway
Posted by Ann Corcoran on April 6, 2016
Obama is reducing the screening time of 18-24 months to 3 months!
Regular readers know I have been reporting how the Obama Administration is way behind (so far) in resettling the 10,000 Syrians it has ‘promised’ you would be coming to your towns this fiscal year (by September 30th). Well, here comes the news!
The Syrian Muslim surge is underway! And, it could involve MORE than 10,000!
Since October last year, 1,000 Syrian refugees have moved from Jordan to the U.S. The resettlement surge hopes to increase that number ten-fold.
A resettlement surge center opened in Amman in February to meet President Barack Obama’s target of resettling 10,000 Syrians to the United States by Sep. 30. Every day, the center interviews some 600 Syrian refugees.
The temporary processing center for the surge operation will run until April 28, U.S. Ambassador to Jordan Alice Wells said. She travelled to the airport to greet the family before their departure.
The regional refugee coordinator at the U.S. embassy in Amman, Gina Kassem, said that while the 10,000 target applies to Syrian refugees living around the world, the majority will be resettled from Jordan.
“The 10,000 is a floor and not a ceiling, and it is possible to increase the number,” she told reporters.
Now get this! How many times have you heard about how our screening process takes 18-24 months? They are getting it done now in THREE MONTHS!
While the resettlement process usually takes 18 to 24 months, under the surge operation this will be reduced to three months, Kassem said.
As we reported here (and we expect the trend to continue) 99% of those being rushed to America are Sunni Muslims.
23 Responses to “Announcement from US Embassy in Jordan: Syrian refugee surge to America is now underway”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.