Refugee Resettlement Watch

Retired Dept. of State worker fully supports President Trump’s efforts to rein-in refugee program

Posted by Ann Corcoran on February 8, 2017

As a refugee coordinator, I saw the exploitations, inconsistencies and security lapses in the program….

(25-year veteran of the US Department of State)

I know I said earlier this morning that I wasn’t posting today so I could catch up on reading e-mails etc., but this just goes to show what important news is in those e-mails when I find the time to read them!

Dynamite!

From the Chicago Tribune:

Letter: I have seen first-hand the abuse and fraud in the U.S. refugee program

I fully support President Donald Trump’s executive order that temporarily halts admissions from the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program and bans travel from nationals of countries that potentially pose a security risk to the United States; however, I don’t think the action goes far enough. Further, I believe there are many people throughout the country who feel the same way.

malta-refugees

Writer says that the movement of Malta’s ‘refugees’ to the US is “legally questionable.” Most are Somalis as we see here in photo and story. http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130618/local/more-than-90-per-cent-of-immigrants-in-malta-get-refugee-humanitarian.474370

As a recently retired 25-year veteran of the U.S. Department of State who served almost eight years as a refugee coordinator throughout the Middle East, Africa, Russia and Cuba, I have seen first-hand the abuses and fraud that permeate the refugee program and know about the entrenched interests that fight every effort to implement much-needed reform. Despite claims of enhanced vetting, the reality is that it is virtually impossible to vet an individual who has no type of an official record, particularly in countries compromised by terrorism. U.S. immigration officials simply rely on the person’s often rehearsed and fabricated “testimony.” I have personally seen this on hundreds of occasions.

As a refugee coordinator, I saw the exploitations, inconsistencies and security lapses in the program, and I advocated strongly for change. Nonetheless, during the past decade and specifically under the Obama administration, the Refugee Admissions Program continued to expand blindly, seemingly without concern for security or whether it served the best interests of its own citizens. For instance, the legally questionable resettlement of refugees from Malta to the United States grew substantially, despite the fact that as a European country with a functioning asylum system, “refugees” should have remained there under the internationally accepted concept of “the country of first asylum.” Similarly, the “special” in-country refugee programs in Cuba and Russia continue, although they are laden with fraud and far too often simply admit economic migrants rather than actual refugees.

As an insider who understands its operations, politics and weaknesses, I believe the refugee program must change dramatically and the courts must allow the president to fully implement the order.

Signed Mary Doetsch

I know there are others of you out there with stories to tell, I’ve heard from some of you before.

See my e-mail address in the left hand column.  For the sake of national security, please send me your stories (they can be anonymous if you fear for your jobs).

5 Responses to “Retired Dept. of State worker fully supports President Trump’s efforts to rein-in refugee program”

  1. Unimpeachable credentials! Finally we learn what is really going on!

    Like

  2. This is hilarious #atheist

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Mist'ears Mom said

    Congrats Ann-your site was just mentioned on Rush’s show! He referenced your numbers of refugees coming in since the XO order and that UN vets them not us!

    Like

  4. DONT TRUST ANYONE..OF THEM…DRAIN THE OBAMA-TAINTED SWAMP, COMPLETELY !

    Like

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: