Refugee Resettlement Watch

After initial disappointment, Ohio resettlement agency getting excited for higher refugee influx

Posted by Ann Corcoran on June 9, 2017

The Trump Administration is on target to blow past its own 50,000 admission determination number in 2 weeks!

As we reported here, just as the Memorial Day weekend was getting underway, the US State Department announced to its contractors that it was  going to open the refugee spigot wide again for the remaining months of fiscal year 2017 (the year ends on September 30th).

A picture speaks a thousand words! Lavinia Limon is the CEO of federal resettlement contractor USCRI and on her left is the CEO of Chobani Yogurt which has been a leading ‘consumer’ of refugee labor in America. “Give me your tired, your poor…” willing to work for lower wages…”yearning to breathe free.”

That means some of the federal refugee contractors, like this one in Ohio, may need to hire back some employees they had earlier let go, but there is still a question about how quickly Trump’s State Department and Dept. of Homeland Security can get the processing ramped-up abroad.

I had been waiting for the Trump White House to correct the mistake about opening the spigot, but their silence now signals that the White House is in agreement with the ramp-up!

From WKSU.  The International Institute of Akron is a subcontractor of one of nine major contractors (USCRI***in this case):

President Obama authorized 120,000 [No! It was 110,000!—ed] refugees for the fiscal year that ends Sept. 30.

President Trump cut that in February to 50,000. But the State Department sent a memo in late May telling refugee groups they would no longer be restrained by weekly quotas.

Liz Walters of the International Institute of Akron says resettlement numbers have always ebbed and flowed, with the agency resettling as few as 25 and as many as 130 a month. She says how many will be coming now depends on what happens overseas.

“The big question mark is how many folks have been in process overseas and how quickly they can start to schedule those folks for travel or at what point they finish up their security clearances and can get them here before the end of the fiscal year.”

[….]

Walters notes that Trump’s budget proposal for the next fiscal year [begins Oct. 1, 2017—ed] includes funding to resettle 50,000 refugees, the minimum under the law.

As far as I can tell, there is no legal minimum!

I’m not lawyer, and perhaps there has been some case law or regulations that I don’t know about, but as I read the Refugee Act of 1980, there is no requirement for any specific number after 1982.  Here (below) is the Act on admissions.  There is a lot of discussion about procedures if the President needs to ‘up’ the numbers, but I don’t see any prohibition about going below 50,000!

 

 

Be sure to read the law yourself and see that “consultation” is with the House and Senate Judiciary Committees and as far as I can see only requires the President to supply them with information.

I repeat!

Do you see how clever the refugee industry propaganda machine is—we are only talking about admission levels, not reform of the whole program.

The only way to force Congress to scrap/reform the Refugee Act of 1980 is for Donald Trump to set the admissions number at zero for FY18 and tell Congress, no more until they get to work. Heck, make them work through the month of August!

He also has the power to stop the flow right now without any Executive Order.

Today the Trump admission level is at 47,434 (Wrapsnet) and, at the admissions rate announced on the eve of Memorial Day, he will thus blow past the 50,000 mark (set by him) in 2 weeks!

***By the way, USCRI is approximately 97% funded by you—taxpayers! See here.

12 Responses to “After initial disappointment, Ohio resettlement agency getting excited for higher refugee influx”

  1. Just when we think it can’t get any worse, the Daily Mail has this article today that claims the NGO refugee charities are now paying people smugglers to bring migrants to Europe:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4592108/Charities-pay-people-traffickers-ferry-migrants.html

    “A senior Libyan coastguard official told The Mail on Sunday he had evidence that aid agencies were stumping up cash for migrants desperate to reach Europe but who cannot afford to pay ruthless traffickers.

    Colonel Tarek Shanboor said he had obtained bank details and phone records that proved the charities were making payments to criminal gangs who have put hundreds of thousands of migrants into unseaworthy boats – leading to thousands of deaths each year.

    His claim will raise concern because there have long been fears that Islamic extremists could be among the migrants.
    Col Shanboor said that in a desperate effort to stamp out the smuggling trade once and for all he had resorted to hiring a Tripoli- based militia to patrol the coast with his police force……..”

    It turns out that these refugee agencies are pure evil masquerading as do-gooders. What a disgrace.

    Like

  2. President needs to stop this influx.

    Like

  3. Why America won’t save the Christians –

    http://go.shr.lc/2rDFH0P – @washtimes

    Like

  4. Phonographnut@aol.com said

    I AM FUMING WHAT IS THIS CRAP???? WE ARE DOOMED!!!

    Like

  5. Jan Cotant said

    How can we stop this.

    Sent from my iPhone

    >

    Like

    • Ann Corcoran said

      You must all do something. Call your congressmen, send comments to the Prez, get your “welcoming” mayor unelected etc. etc.

      Like

  6. Ann – this is just too depressing for words. I am getting quite demoralized between the terror attacks and the continuing admission of the same people who mostly want to kill us and destroy our country. One of the things that confuses me is when I read articles that claim not as many people are coming here through the southern border or that in some areas the number of immigrants is decreasing.

    I don’t think anyone can deny the facts and information that you present, but is there something else going on that would explain why certain media outlets are claiming that immigration is actually slowing down under Trump?

    Many thanks as always for the work that you and your dedication. You are a true Patriot.

    Like

    • Ann Corcoran said

      I think there probably is a slowdown of illegals coming across the border, while Refugee Resettlement is ramping up. Thanks for the continued support.
      Oh, and don’t get discouraged. Make it your goal to do at least one thing a day to make your voice heard. If everyone who follows this blog did that, we might actually make headway…. maybe not in this lifetime, but in time to save America!

      Like

  7. Trump is going down a losing path, he needs to wake up or get out.

    Like

  8. President Trump cut that in February to 50,000. But the State Department sent a memo in late May telling refugee groups they would no longer be restrained by weekly quotas.

    IF THERE IS ANY PROOF OF THE EXISTENCE OF ‘THE DEEP STATE’, THIS IS IT.

    Donald Trump agenda hampered by Obama holdovers, disgruntled GOP –

    http://go.shr.lc/2rXh8MF – @washtimes

    Like

  9. futuret said

    http://joemiller.us/2017/06/real-scandal-trump-grants-amnesty-125000-illegals-3-months/

    Like

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: