Refugee Resettlement Watch

Archive for July 27th, 2017

US will save Aussie PM Turnbull’s political skin by taking rejected ‘refugees’

Posted by Ann Corcoran on July 27, 2017

…..and American towns will see as many as 1,250 mostly Muslim detainees secretly dispersed and set free in Anytown, USA. 

(Your town will not be notified if you have been chosen by the US State Department and its contractors*** to be the lucky recipients).

Illegal alien swap!

This swap of what amounts to illegal aliens (Australia’s for Salvadorans in Costa Rica) is “insane” as I told reporter John Binder at Breitbart, here yesterday.

And for regular readers I apologize for posting on the ‘Australia deal’ again, but frankly it epitomizes the foolishness the UN/US Refugee Admissions Program has come to demonstrate.

First, just so you know, Australia (rightly) said to illegal alien wannabes—if you try to break in to Australia by boat, you will NEVER get to the mainland, and they are sticking with that as a major deterrent to future attempts.  Fine and dandy!

Trump: Let’s see, do I save my political skin or Turnbull’s with “dumb deal” on illegal alien swap?

However, by the US now agreeing to take as many as 1,250 mostly male and Muslim illegal aliens, we save Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s political skin.

Also, this case is a prime example of using the supposed refugees for other purposes of US diplomacy, something I have been raging against for years.

We should only accept refugees in extreme need of humanitarian protection, not because it benefits some politician/government somewhere else in the world. These are Australia’s problem asylum seekers, they are not ours!

Here is the latest from Reuters.  And, remember readers, September is it!  We will see then, when President Trump submits his refugee plans for FY18 to Congress, whether he was serious when he campaigned on reining-in the monster the program has become.

SYDNEY (Reuters) – Australia will accept several dozen Central American refugees within the next few months, two sources familiar with the process told Reuters, the first transfers under a controversial refugee swap arrangement agreed with the United States. [Note the clever Aussies are going to bring in a few of their part of the “deal” as more pressure on Trump—ed]

Canberra pledged to take an unspecified number of Central American refugees under a deal struck with former U.S. President Barack Obama late last year.

Will Trump go through with the Obama deal?

In exchange, Washington said it would accept up to 1,250 asylum seekers held in Australian immigration centres in the Pacific Island nations of Papua New Guinea (PNG) and Nauru that Australia wants to close.

A group of approximately 30 refugees from El Salvador currently being held in Costa Rica will move to Australia in the next couple of months, the two sources said, with a second group of a similar size to follow shortly afterwards.

Read the discussion about those Salvadorans.  Frankly, they are not refugees. Obama unilaterally wrote refugee law and created a new ‘refugee’ program for Central Americans who have no claim on asylum status in America.  Our supposed ‘gain’ in the Australian deal is that they take these wandering Central Americans which are not legitimate refugees, nor are they our problem, off our hands!

The other day we reported that the processing had stopped, here.  Now Reuters says this:

A U.S. State Department spokeswoman said although the United States has reached a 50,000 cap on refugee admissions this fiscal year, the U.S. government continues to process refugee applications from Nauru and Manus.

“United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has not yet concluded its adjudications of any refugees being considered for resettlement out of Australian facilities in Nauru and Manus islands,” the spokeswoman said. “USCIS does not make public the exact schedules of their interview teams, but they are planning return trips to the islands.”

Australia turning up the heat on Trump!

The transfer of the Salvadoran refugees to Australia will focus attention on U.S. steps to uphold its end of the agreement, described by President Donald Trump as a “dumb deal” for America.

Turnbull’s open borders agitators (the girls) want the detainees (mostly young male Muslims) to be free in Australia!

None of the refugees on PNG’s Manus Island or Nauru – mostly men from the Middle East and South Asia – have been approved to move to the United States yet. Earlier this month, U.S. officials halted screening interviews after the United States reached its annual refugee intake cap.

[….]

Turnbull, under pressure in opinion polls and from within his own party, can ill afford for the United States to renege on the agreement, said Sean Kelly, an adviser to former Australian Prime Ministers Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard.

“The deal has become yet another test of (Turnbull’s) leadership,” Kelly said. “If it fails, that will be a big black mark against him, and he knows that.”

More at Reuters, here.

September is it! Trump’s big test!

In September, the President, by law, will submit his FY18 ‘determination’ to Congress for consultation. This whole 50,000 cap/ceiling will go away, as will the Supreme Court (families can get in above the cap) unconstitutional rewrite of refugee law.  It will be a new refugee year. It will be Donald Trump’s first determination—his first ceiling.

The Aussie’s are fully expecting to move hundreds of these detained men (who have in the past burned down their detention facilities!) to America in the first month of the new fiscal year which begins October 1.  We will be watching.

If Trump goes through with this “insanity,” this writer will know just who we elected President and whether any serious reform will ever happen.

Go here for our complete ‘Australia deal’ archive.

***Federal contractors/middlemen/propagandists/lobbyists/community organizers paid by you to place refugees in your towns and cities.  Under the nine major contractors are hundreds of subcontractors.  Every week representatives of the nine meet with DOS officials and literally divvy up the refugee dossiers deciding where in 49 states (WY takes zero!) they will be placed.

The contractors income is largely dependent on taxpayer dollars based on the number of refugees admitted to the US. These Aussie rejects come with a dollar value to the contractor and they have no obligation to tell community leaders/police who they are placing in US towns and cities.

The only way for real reform of how the US admits refugees is to remove the contractors/propagandists from the process.

Posted in Asylum seekers, Australia, Changing the way we live, Crimes, diversity's dark side, Immigration fraud, Obama, Refugee Resettlement Program, Taxpayer goodies, Trump Watch!, Who is going where | Tagged: , , | 5 Comments »

Winooski, Vermont: Somali boy drowns, police criticized for poor communication with family

Posted by Ann Corcoran on July 27, 2017

The refugee family had been in the US for a  year, but apparently still had poor English language skills.

I’m posting this story just so readers in present and future ‘welcoming’ towns in America know what they have to get ready for—the cost of interpretation services.

And, I think this is being set up as a possible lawsuit against a police department for failing to provide proper language translation in an emergency.

I’ve heard about these costly services that local taxpayers must pay for, but hadn’t seen any discussion on how the system works.

A Clinton-era Executive Order requires interpretation services be supplied by local and state governments in all sorts of situations—legal, medical, criminal—involving, as they call them in this story, New Americans. I wonder for how many years are taxpayers on the hook for such services for individual refugees (forever?).

From the Burlington Free Press:

When rescuers converged on the banks of the Winooski River on July 11 to search for Ali Muhina, they faced darkness, racing waters and a language barrier in their efforts to find the missing boy, believed to have fallen into the river.

Later that night, after the search had been halted until morning, Police Chief Rick Hebert would tell reporters that the language barrier had caused some issues. The next morning, friends and relatives of Ali told reporters that the family had struggled to understand police procedures and ask questions. A relative told reporters the family speaks Swahili.

Ali’s family originated from Somalia, though the boy was born in a refugee camp in Kenya. They had lived in the United States for a year when tragedy struck.

A police translator during the initial hours of the search did not speak Swahili, but instead spoke an African language which Ali’s father could understand but not speak himself, according to Mohamed Noor, who identified himself as a relative of the Muhinas.

The Winooski Police Department has the use of “Enabling Language Services Anywhere” devices. The device is a small box that can be worn on an officer’s body. When an officer pushes the button, he’s automatically connected to an interpretation center open 24 hours a day seven days a week.

The officer is connected with a translator in one of over 180 languages, who can interpret remotely. If the officer doesn’t know the language being spoken, a linguist can come on the line to help identify it, according to RLL Mobile Interpretation’s website.

[….]

When the search resumed on July 12, representatives from organizations like the Association of Africans Living in Vermont and the Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program were at the riverbank to support the family. [The Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program is a subcontractor to primary contractor*** USCRI and is the organization behind all the controversy about starting a program in Rutland.—ed]

The day after Ali’s body had been recovered, Hebert acknowledged that “it has been a real challenge to engage our new Americans in meaningful relationship building,” and he said he would welcome any ideas on how to improve.

More here.

Are you paying attention Rutland!

Someone with some time should look into this group ‘Africans Living in Vermont‘ (see here where one of their employees was accused of embezzling).

For new readers, type the name of your state in my search window.  Here you can see all of our previous posts on Vermont.

***Federal contractors/middlemen/propagandists/lobbyists/community organizers paid by you to place refugees in your towns and cities.  Under the nine major contractors are hundreds of subcontractors like this one in Vermont.

Their income is largely dependent on taxpayer dollars based on the number of refugees admitted to the US. Here they will act as advocates for justice for the refugees they placed in your towns while you pay their salaries.

The only way for real reform of how the US admits refugees is to remove the contractors/propagandists from the process.

 

 

Posted in Africa, Changing the way we live, Colonization, Community destabilization, Refugee Resettlement Program, Resettlement cities, Taxpayer goodies | Tagged: , , | 12 Comments »

 
%d bloggers like this: