Refugee Resettlement Watch

Archive for September 21st, 2017

More blabbing by State Department on refugee determination

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 21, 2017

As you know, we expected President Donald Trump to announce his refugee admissions ceiling for FY18 at least a week ago.  But, if CBS has it right from the State Department blabbers, we learn his decision will come after this weekend.

In fact, by law, this whole process should have been started at least a month ago, as I told you here.  Unfortunately, like all Presidents before him (and Congress which is supposed to be consulted in advance), following the law is the least of their concerns!

So Donald, as you think about this over yet another weekend, consider the optics!

America First!

There are Americans hurting—in Texas, in Florida and now Puerto Rico. They need housing, medical care, and food. 

Are you going to tell the nation, tell taxpayers, they will, in addition to our refugees, be shelling out for another 40,000-50,000 third world impoverished people to begin arriving on October 1?

Suspend the program for at least 6 months—it is the politically sensible thing to do! 

(George Bush already set a precedent in 2001 by delaying the determination due that September!)

And besides, the Open borders Left and the contractors are going to scream bloody murder over 40,000-50,000 anyway (they want 75,000)!

Here is CBS reporting on the blabbers at the US State Department:

Simon Henshaw bio

Simon Henshaw is the acting assistant secretary for refugees because (shamefully) Tillerson/Trump have not replaced him.

The Department of Homeland Security has been pushing for a reduction beyond the 50,000 maximum-entry mark set by Trump earlier this year as part of his travel ban executive orders – a number that is already the lowest in modern American history. In a proposal submitted late last week, the department called for a reduction to 40,000 refugees in the next budget year starting Oct. 1, citing concerns about its workload and ability to adequately vet those seeking entry.

The State Department, which oversees the program, has formally recommended that the number be kept at 50,000, according to Trump administration officials who spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss internal deliberations.

Agencies had been given until the close of business Wednesday to submit formal recommendations for consideration.

State Department “officials” virtue-signalling!

State Department officials would have been inclined to set their recommendation higher, several of the people said, but were taking their cues from the president’s executive order and felt that 50,000 was the highest number that would be palatable to him.

Trump has until Oct. 1, the start of the new fiscal year, to determine how many refugees to admit under the Refugee Act of 1980. He is expected to consider the issue over the weekend, after he finishes up at the U.N. General Assembly in New York, one White House official said.

[….]

Simon Henshaw, the top State Department official for refugees, said the decision was ultimately Trump’s.

CBS must have been talking to Henshaw.

It looks like we have a few more days—tell Donald Trump what you think!

Posted in Reforms needed, Refugee Resettlement Program, Taxpayer goodies, Trump Watch!, What you can do | Tagged: | 9 Comments »

New Hampshire: Muslim refugee charged with inappropriate sexual contact with several young girls

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 21, 2017

The Muslim refugee, Mohammod Rafique , is described as a man who arrived from Myanmar two years ago.

That would make him one of the 19,000 plus Rohingya refugees we have admitted from Burma (aka Myanmar) in the last ten years.  See here just yesterday.

Mayor Donchess

We love diversity! Nashua Mayor Jim Donchess proposed a resolution last year to make Nashua a “welcoming city”  here:  http://www.newhampshire.com/Social-issues/Refugee-concerns-voiced-in-Nashua-09222016

Prosecutors wanted a $50,000 bond but the judge set bail at $15,000.  If he gets out, will he return to court or disappear into the woodwork of America like so many other Muslim refugees charged in a variety of assault cases in recent years?

From WMUR-9 (hat tip: Jeannine):

A Nashua man is facing accusations that he had inappropriate contact with several young girls.

Mohammod Rafique is facing six charges, including two counts of felonious sexual assault. Nashua police said the incident happened in late August and involves four girls, including a 7-year-old.

“We’re alleging these offenses have had a great and substantial effect on both them and their parents,” prosecutor Don Topham said.

Rafique was described in court as a refugee from Myanmar who has lived in Nashua for two years. An interpreter was provided by phone.  [Interpreters will run up his legal costs to taxpayers big time!—ed]

Authorities said the charges involve inappropriate touching and happened at some sort of gathering.

“Through the investigation, we learned that he was acquainted with one girl’s family,” Lt. Kerry Baxter said. “He had attempted to offer them money and gifts and things like that to get one or more of the girls back to his house.”

Learn more about refugees going to New Hampshire, here.  See my archive on the state by clicking here. And, for your reading pleasure, I have over 2,000 posts with refugee/immigrant crime stories from all over the globe.

The way things are going on the federal level, if you are concerned about what is happening where you live, you are going to have to get busy booting mayors like Donchess from office.

Posted in Changing the way we live, Colonization, Community destabilization, Crimes, diversity's dark side, Muslim refugees, Refugee Resettlement Program, Resettlement cities, Rohingya Reports, Who is going where | Tagged: , , | 4 Comments »

Ignorance at the Washington Post is stunning

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 21, 2017

“As for the cost, most is borne by private resettlement agencies.”

(Washington Post Editorial Board)

 

What! They don’t read RRW every day?

I’ve said it on many occasions but it is frightening to know something about an issue and then see flat-out ignorance about it from people who should have the facts….

 

Screenshot (860)

Too funny!

 

But, I suppose when it comes to the Washington Post it might just be that they do know the facts, but are purposefully spewing FAKE NEWS, like this line in their pro-more-refugees-anti-Trump editorial (Trump flirts with a new age of American timidity) a few days ago.

After taking a whack at Stephen Miller they say this:

The stated rationales for further refu­gee cuts — concerns over terrorists sneaking in, and the costs involved — are not defensible. In fact, both the Obama and Trump administrations have tightened vetting for refugees, who are now the subject of exhaustive background checks despite the fact that very few terrorist attacks, in the United States or Europe, have been carried out by refugees. As for the cost, most is borne by private resettlement agencies.

Nevermind for now, that we, and many others, have chronicled the number of refugee terrorists (or wannabe terrorists caught before they acted) in the refugee population in Europe and here.  It is that last sentence that rockets me through the roof!

After years of, not just me, but many other investigators exposing how much money the “private resettlement agencies”*** are paid OUT OF THE US TREASURY to resettle refugees, how can they possibly promote such a falsehood!

See my post on the US Conference of Catholic Bishops here two days ago.

And, here, if you missed it is my recent accounting of all 9 federal refugee contractors. Episcopal Migration Ministries takes the top prize at 99.5% funded by taxpayer dollars!

***These are the federal contractors paid by the head for refugee “clients” they place (secretively!) in your towns and cities. Congress should be investigating how they are using the millions of federal dollars they receive annually.

And, as long as they are running the program on your dime along with their side job of political agitation and community organizing, there can never be reform of the USRAP!

Posted in Laugh of the day!, Reforms needed, Refugee Resettlement Program, The Opposition, Trump Watch! | Tagged: | 7 Comments »

 
%d bloggers like this: