Refugee Resettlement Watch

More blabbing by State Department on refugee determination

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 21, 2017

As you know, we expected President Donald Trump to announce his refugee admissions ceiling for FY18 at least a week ago.  But, if CBS has it right from the State Department blabbers, we learn his decision will come after this weekend.

In fact, by law, this whole process should have been started at least a month ago, as I told you here.  Unfortunately, like all Presidents before him (and Congress which is supposed to be consulted in advance), following the law is the least of their concerns!

So Donald, as you think about this over yet another weekend, consider the optics!

America First!

There are Americans hurting—in Texas, in Florida and now Puerto Rico. They need housing, medical care, and food. 

Are you going to tell the nation, tell taxpayers, they will, in addition to our refugees, be shelling out for another 40,000-50,000 third world impoverished people to begin arriving on October 1?

Suspend the program for at least 6 months—it is the politically sensible thing to do! 

(George Bush already set a precedent in 2001 by delaying the determination due that September!)

And besides, the Open borders Left and the contractors are going to scream bloody murder over 40,000-50,000 anyway (they want 75,000)!

Here is CBS reporting on the blabbers at the US State Department:

Simon Henshaw bio

Simon Henshaw is the acting assistant secretary for refugees because (shamefully) Tillerson/Trump have not replaced him.

The Department of Homeland Security has been pushing for a reduction beyond the 50,000 maximum-entry mark set by Trump earlier this year as part of his travel ban executive orders – a number that is already the lowest in modern American history. In a proposal submitted late last week, the department called for a reduction to 40,000 refugees in the next budget year starting Oct. 1, citing concerns about its workload and ability to adequately vet those seeking entry.

The State Department, which oversees the program, has formally recommended that the number be kept at 50,000, according to Trump administration officials who spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss internal deliberations.

Agencies had been given until the close of business Wednesday to submit formal recommendations for consideration.

State Department “officials” virtue-signalling!

State Department officials would have been inclined to set their recommendation higher, several of the people said, but were taking their cues from the president’s executive order and felt that 50,000 was the highest number that would be palatable to him.

Trump has until Oct. 1, the start of the new fiscal year, to determine how many refugees to admit under the Refugee Act of 1980. He is expected to consider the issue over the weekend, after he finishes up at the U.N. General Assembly in New York, one White House official said.

[….]

Simon Henshaw, the top State Department official for refugees, said the decision was ultimately Trump’s.

CBS must have been talking to Henshaw.

It looks like we have a few more days—tell Donald Trump what you think!

9 Responses to “More blabbing by State Department on refugee determination”

  1. Don’t ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for us. We must punish the craven immorality of those who plunder our hard earned money till it’s gone, then borrow against our future earnings until we’re debt enslaved for life, all to import third world animals and pay for their food, shelter, education, and healthcare, as they lay in wait to defile our most vulnerable and destroy our most valuable.

    Like

  2. Trump is waffling badly, but Pence has always struck me as “weak” as in being a nice guy, kinda like Kasich. To sentimentally Christian.

    Like

  3. SHUT THE DOOR

    Liked by 1 person

  4. I have e-mailed President Trump already, more than once. IF (a big if) reporting is true his “advisors” aren’t giving him any information that doesn’t fit their agenda anyway. I would guess that to include all WH e-mails against the current refugee program or even a tally of those against it.

    Like

  5. TakeBackOurRepublic said

    Ann, thank you for your tireless efforts to keep us informed!

    Liked by 1 person

  6. Ann, concerning the Washington Post. Check the membership roster of the Bilderberg Group and see if the guy running that paper is still attending their annual, secret get together. He was in 2012. If the person in the lead position at that paper is a member of that select group there is the reason that paper leans towards the globalist/Globalist agenda of the Bilderbergers and members of other such group. Such as Trilateral Commission, Counsel on Foreign Relations, etc.

    We have a shadow government running our country in the background. It has members in high, influential offices in government from which they can affect policy changes to slowly take our country away from the Constitution. They have made a lot of progress since Jimmy Carter first teamed with David Rockefeller and Brzezinski to infiltrate his administration with Trilateral Commission members.

    Check out the views of Henry Kissinger and Brzezinski. You will see where we are being taken. Beginning with poverty for all.

    Liked by 1 person

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: