That is the title of this excellent youtube clip from the Capital Research Center that echoes a major theme here at RRW. (Hat tip: John) Send it to your friends and family!
(The link to the video is here in case you can’t play it above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxK3ILdN8SM&feature=youtu.be )
If you search USASpending.gov you should be able to find out how much government money is going to your local Catholic Charities. Be sure to check off grants and contracts and select years.
Some Catholic Charities are under the budget umbrella of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (one of nine federal contractors for the resettlement of refugees), but that is not the only money CC is getting directly from you—the US taxpayer.
These are the nine federal contractors, for six of them the same message applies—-religious groups should not be getting federal dollars! (Nor should the secular non-profits, but at least they aren’t being as hypocritical as the supposedly religious ones.)
The number in parenthesis is the percentage of federal funding each received in 2015 or 2016, see here:
- Church World Service (CWS) (71%)
- Ethiopian Community Development Council (ECDC) (secular)(93%)
- Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM) (99.5%)
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) (57%)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC) (secular) (66.5%)
- US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) (secular) (98%)
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS) (97%)
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) (97%)
- World Relief Corporation (WR) (72.8%)