Refugee Resettlement Watch

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 5,952 other followers

  • Reaching me by mail

    You can reach me by e-mail here:

    refugeewatcher@gmail.com

    (But my inbox is so overloaded most of the time, it is hard to keep up.)

    Or, since some of you have asked, I have a post office box and you can reach me there by snail mail!

    Ann Corcoran
    P.O. Box 55
    Fairplay, MD 21733

  • Social

  • Refugee Info Resource

  • Categories

  • Archives

  • Blog Stats

    • 8,463,327 hits

Australia “dumb” deal update: More vetting ordered for next batch of fake ‘refugees’

Posted by Ann Corcoran on January 25, 2018

This is now the third post in three days about the Obama deal with Australia to take to America over a thousand illegal aliens*** who tried to break into Australia and who were subsequently detained in offshore locations.  See here and here for background.

Amazing how little US media attention is being paid to the deal that Trump (foolishly in my opinion) went along with! 

Now we learn from RNZ (New Zealand) that a new round of vetting will begin shortly.

 

Manus protestors

Protests continue….  A picture worth a thousand words.  https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/pacific/348913/more-us-vetting-for-manus-refugees

 

So far, if the detainee is from one of the banned countries, they are not being considered, but frankly that makes no difference because those on the way to your states are from mostly Muslim Pakistan, Afghanistan and Burma (Rohingya).

Radio New Zealand:

Refugees detained by Australia on Papua New Guinea’s Manus Island have been advised more vetting for United States resettlement will begin at the end of the month.

About 110 refugees from Manus and Nauru have been taken by the US so far, with another 130 from Nauru expected to go in the coming weeks.

The US agreed to take up to 1250 refugees from Australian offshore detention in November 2016.

A note telling the refugees about the upcoming vetting was posted online by the Kurdish journalist and Manus Island refugee Behrouz Boochani.

Screenshot (159)

“Journalist?” Social media is available to detainees like this one.  They probably all have phones too! 

It said the selected men would be transported to Port Moresby to attend appointments and then returned to Manus Island.

Refugees from six Muslim-majority nations including Iran will not be considered due to a US travel ban on their residents.

Australian statistics from 2014 indicate the majority of Manus Island refugees are from Iran.

More here.

Thought you might like to see some comments from readers to my previous post on the Australia “dumb” deal.

‘FatherJon’ from Australia says this:

No surprises that some of them couldn’t substantiate their bona fides, seeing as the trick was for them to destroy or sell their IDs prior to being landed in Australia in order to re-establish favourable identities as someone else. Unsurprisingly the do-gooders prefer not to acknowledge that, claiming the IDs were ‘lost’ at sea. As for ‘youngsters’ being amongst them, that’s more confected narrative, many of them were clearly young adult males at time of landing, but claimed to be under 18 yoa, in order to gain greater sympathy from laws dealing with children, similar to America’s problems with ‘kids’ from Latin America.

The list goes on…..they have more tricks than in Harry Houdini’s toy box!

‘Kiltsandaggers:’

I see that at least two of them want to study “human rights”. Will this study include our rights, the rights of legitimate citizens of this country? I feel that my right to safety and a quality of life that includes not being crowded or forced to compete for scarce resources are being violated by these people’s presence here. And what about the rights of people who have been murdered, raped, robbed and tortured by “refugees” who should have never been allowed into our country in the first place? If they are really so concerned with human rights, stop ignoring ours for a change.

‘TakeBackOurRepublic:’

As always seems to be the case, if these are truly refugees then where are the women and children?? If Australia was unwilling to integrate these men into their cities, why didn’t they just return them to whence they came? Their resulting anger, sexual repression and mental health issues after being sequestered for 5 years in a remote location are now America’s to bear. There is nothing about this bad “deal” that Obama committed us to that makes sense. Shame on President Trump!

‘Mn4freedom:’

I wonder if they’ll get a “Welcoming” parade from our local “welcoming” community organizers? We will be watching. We will hold them accountable. That is YOU LIRS in my area!  [LIRS is the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service which we learned previously is one of the federal contractors being paid to place the Australian rejects into US towns.—ed]

See my complete (extensive!) archive on the Australia “dumb” deal by clicking here.  If you once knew but have forgotten, as part of the unprecedented deal, Australia is going to take some Central American Christians now in Costa Rica in exchange. (So how are those people even our problem?)

LOL! Donald! It is “dumb!”

US to Australia: We will take over a thousand illegal alien Muslims off your hands.

Australia to US: And, in exchange we will take an undetermined number of Christian economic migrants presently living in Costa Rica off your (US) hands. (huh!)

***I repeat, legitimate refugees are to ask for asylum in the first safe place they land.  If they fail to be granted asylum by proving they would be persecuted if sent home, they should be returned to where they came from, not be given the ultimate jackpot—a free ticket to America.

3 Responses to “Australia “dumb” deal update: More vetting ordered for next batch of fake ‘refugees’”

  1. paleodrone said

    You are amazing. This refugee stuff is like a neverending goo that pours in from all points, and they want all our stuff

    Like

  2. FatherJon said

    The item from Radio New Zealand concerning the plight of the illegals from Manus/Nauru omits to mention that their new leftist Prime MInister, Jacinda Adern, has offered to take 150 of them into NZ. This offer, while making her look humane and compassionate, has rattled Australia’s PM Turnbull who argues that this will give the green light to the people smugglers. As there is no border control between Australia and NZ, easy entry to NZ can result in those people coming into Australia, by the back door so to speak, thus creating a new target area for the smugglers to promote their trade.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. phonographnut@aol.com said

      how dumb they are doomed

    Like

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: