The story at The Intercept by reporter Sara Aziza is a rehash of much of the same old stuff the Open Borders Refugee industry has been spreading far and wide as the time approaches for the Trump Administration to announce its “Determination” for how many refugees the US will ‘welcome’ in FY19 under the US Refugee Admissions Program.
The title (below) is overstating the case. In my view, the Trump team could be doing a lot more to really “dismantle” the program.
As I have said repeatedly, the Administration can “slash” the numbers for a few years, but without real reform of the seriously flawed program from the UN picking most of our refugees to the US State Department and its contractors*** secretly sending them to unsuspecting towns and cities (often to satisfy the needs of globalist industries), the US Refugee Admissions Program will simply pick right up where it left off in 2020 or 2024 if the present system isn’t completely scrapped.
You can read most of The Intercept story (hat tip: Joanne) for yourself, but I have picked out a few nuggets that made me chuckle in a story about “Trump’s race to the bottom.”
Michael Patrick Leahy writing at Breitbartdid a thorough job of cataloging the chronology of lies told by alleged ISIS fighter turned Obama refugee—Omar Ameen.
From Breitbartyesterday (I saw it after I posted my short news item on the arrest, here)
And, btw, other news stories on the case only did a quick summary, while Leahy actually went to the court filings:
Iraqi Refugee, Alleged Islamic State Murderer, Arrested in California
The FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force arrested an Iraqi refugee in Sacramento, California on Wednesday on the authority of an arrest warrant for the 2014 murder of an Iraqi police officer issued by an Iraqi judge on May 16.
“Omar Ameen, 45, an Iraqi national, wanted on a murder charge in Iraq, appeared before a federal magistrate judge in Sacramento, California today in connection with proceedings to extradite him to face trial in Iraq.
Ameen settled in Sacramento as a purported refugee and attempted to gain legal status in the United States,” the Department of Justice said in a statement released late Wednesday.
Court documents alleged that Ameen, who entered the United States from Turkey in November 2014 through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, led a four truck ISIS caravan to Rahwah, Iraq where he murdered the police officer on June 22, 2014.
Court documents presented on Wednesday outline what appears to be a highly sophisticated ruse by Ameen, who along with many members of his family has been a member of ISIS and its predecessor Islamist terrorist organizations since at least 2004, to gain approval into the U.S. Refugee Admissions program by making a number of false statements, and then use his approved U.S. refugee status as a getaway mechanism after carrying out the 2014 murder of the Iraqi police officer.
Leahy then goes through a series of lies told by Ameen that should have raised red flags if he had ever received any “robust” vetting as the Obama Administration and the refugee industry had been insisting was the case.
As we have reported on many occasions, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees does the first cut on the supposed screening of refugees to America.
In or about April 2012, Ameen arrived in Turkey and began the process of applying for refugee status.
Ameen claimed on his Resettlement Registration Form before the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (“UNHCR”) that in 2010, his father, Abdulsattar Ameen Hussein, was killed due to his cooperation with the American military. . . In actuality, the death certificate for Abdulsattar Ameen (which Ameen did not submit with any of his applications) indicates he died from natural causes—a cerebral clot—on December 25, 2010.
That is just one example of the shoddy screening this alleged ISIS fighter received.
Perhaps most astounding is Ameen’s time line.
He was granted refugee status on June 5, 2014 even as he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Iraq for other ISIS terror-related activities. He returned to Iraq on June 22, 2014 and allegedly killed the police officer. Did no one even know he had left Turkey?
Five months later he was resettled in Sacramento by the Obama Administration.
Expect the whole story to disappear from the media within days because it flies in the face of the major refugee industry talking point that refugees are thoroughly screened.
By the way, four resettlement contractors were operating in Sacramento in 2014: International Rescue Committee, Church World Service, US Conference of Catholic Bishops and the US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants. Wonder which one placed him.