Her job is to organize the American Jewish community to “welcome the stranger,” in this case Muslims from the Middle East and Africa (because they have run out of Jews and Christians to resettle).
The Times of Israel has a very lengthy story on their new Vice President Rabbi Jennie Rosenn. I encourage you to read it because it is very informative, but was virtually impossible to snip for some reason.
Rabbi Rosenn’s job is to try to bring around the American Jewish community to support Muslim refugee admission to the US. The article says that some Jews (understandably!) got skittish after the Paris and San Bernardino terrorist attacks.
And, then they have to counter the likes of us (bigots, racists and nativists).
Here are just a few things new readers need to know about the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (they want to be called HIAS):
- In 2013 they received a grant from the JM Kaplan Fund to write a $35,000 report about us.
- They advocate sending the goons at the Southern Poverty Law Center after us! Click here.
- They lobbied hard for so-called “comprehensive immigration reform” (aka Gang of Eight bill) in the Senate.
- In 2014, they re-branded and dropped the word “Hebrew” from their title and are known only as HIAS or HIAS Inc. now (what was that all about?).
- Here we learn that they don’t want money and supplies for Syrians, they want the American Jewish community to lobby for more refugees to be brought to America.
- They want 100,000 Syrians in here by the time Obama leaves office!
- HIAS (no friend of Netanyahu) blasts Israel for attempting to close its borders and deport illegal aliens, here.
- As one of nine major federal resettlement contractors*** they receive millions of your tax dollars every year to do this work. From USASpending.gov: Under the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society they received just short of $135 MILLION from the US taxpayer since 2007, and then when you search HIAS there is another $59 MILLION there in grants and sub-grants.
- They could not be doing this work without YOUR money.
Click here for dozens more posts on the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS).
- Church World Service (CWS)
- Ethiopian Community Development Council (ECDC)
- Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM)
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI)
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS)
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
- World Relief Corporation (WR)