Because I’m going to Texas tomorrow, over the last two days I posted a couple of information posts on Texas (see Part I and Part II). I really only skimmed the surface, but hopefully provided information many of you had not seen before. But, now I hope that isn’t the end of it!
I believe with all my heart that if we don’t get immigration under control immediately, and I mean both LEGAL and illegal immigration we won’t recognize America in the next decade. Our unique American culture does matter and western civilization is superior and we are going to have to work to keep it. You need only look to Europe to see what is in store for us if we don’t get to work now!
Cecilia Munoz, Barack Obama and Valerie Jarrett are winning! They are changing America by changing the people. You have 16-17 months to regain control and elect a president willing to turn this around.
So for Texans, and everyone, first find a few like-minded citizens in your state to help you. Don’t wring your hands if there aren’t a hundred people willing to give up a little time shopping, watching TV or barbecuing, you only need 4 or 5 to begin your community organizing!
Yes, just like the Left, you have to ‘community organize!’ There is no silver bullet to stop this. It is going to take a lot of plain old hard work!
* I recommend keeping your organization(s) loose. You don’t need to run right out and try to get a 501(c) IRS designation which will only slow you down. You don’t need a tax designation to proceed with using your free speech! Come up with a name for the group. But, don’t discourage others if they want to form their own groups. The Left does that all the time—2 people here is a group, and three over there!
* Do your homework. Get the facts about refugee resettlement in your state. The other side has for years kept this program as secret as they could for a reason. That reason is that when people learn how it works, they are stunned and they don’t want it! Knowledge is power. The refugee industry doesn’t like it when you know how it works!
* In addition to learning how the program works, find out who is pushing refugee resettlement in your community. Find and expose the elected officials, the business leaders (the Chamber of Commerce!), industry leaders (meatpackers for one!), rich foundations and the church leaders responsible for pouring immigrants into your town or state. This is one of Barack Obama’s favorite Alinsky rules—the name and shame rule. We can use it too!
* And, this is my number one harangue: You must have some way of posting or reporting on everything you learn and for that I recommend a blog or website where you can keep an archive of reports and documents as well as the latest news. Facebook works too, but it is somewhat limiting as some people don’t use facebook. You need to get your information out around your local media to your people and to new people who join you, or would like to join you, along the way. And, for goodness sakes, if more than one person in the state wants to maintain a website, go for it! Many voices are better than one because they can’t then shut you all up!
* But, you must use your local media too! You need to use every avenue of the media that you possibly can. Letters-to-the-editor and opinion pieces in local newspapers will get the information outside of your circle. Local talk radio is great on this subject.
* Look for opportunities to get press—a rally, a guest speaker or even the release of a new report from your group are all reasons to put out press releases. The goal is to spread the message to ever-widening circles.
* Find someone (or several) in your group willing to be speakers for civic groups around the state. Develop a power point presentation and take it from town to town speaking to tea parties, American legions, or even rotary clubs. This is why your facts are so important, especially the economic facts. People will be really concerned when they see how much of the US Refugee Program is being foisted off on to local taxpayers.
* Elected officials hate noise! Like it or not, you are going to have to bug every elected official at all levels of government. Your mayors and city leaders will try to get out of any responsibility claiming this is a federal issue, don’t let them get away with that. The truth is, if the federal government meets a lot of local organized resistance including from the local elected officials, the feds and their resettlement contractors will move on to other softer targets.
Letters and e-mails to elected officials are not enough anymore. You will have to get in their faces when they are in the district or state, and for goodness sakes get in the faces of the Presidential candidates as they tour the country. Ask them where they stand on refugee resettlement and other LEGAL immigration programs that have gotten way too large and way too out of control. Don’t let them get away with that tired old line: Legal immigration is good, illegal is bad!
And, I am sorry to say, for Texas, your governors and your US Senators for the last decade and more have allowed the immigration mushroom cloud to grow over the state, why? Why are they willing to see Texas turned BLUE?
* Last but not least, join forces nationally. Hopefully we will be setting up a data base (state by state) of activists on this issue, so we can connect you within your states, and so we can act swiftly when national action is required. Stay tuned for more on that.
We are up against a lot of power and a lot of money, but don’t let that discourage you!
Again, if we don’t get immigration under control and soon, nothing else matters!
Don’t be afraid! Who cares if they call you names!
Calling you names is the only power the other side has over you, take that power away by not cowering to their name-calling! Consider it a badge of honor if they call you a racist, a xenophobe or an islamophobe!
Editor: This was not meant to be an exhaustive list of organizing ideas. If you have others, please send them as comments and I’ll add them here as updates to this post.