I was doing some research on West Virginia just now and was interested to see how many Iraqis went to WV (a state that has been able to stay out of the Refugee Admissions Program to any large degree, but is now looking to get in) and so I had a look at the whole country and thought you might be interested in this information.
I went back ten fiscal years and learned that in the last decade we admitted 135,648 Iraqi ‘refugees.’ Of those 63% are Muslims and the remaining 37% represent a whole host of religions (we are cleaning out the country of its minority population!) including Catholics, Christians and Chaldeans.
When I saw the breakdown of the Muslim numbers, it made me laugh. Who is persecuting who because we have brought in large numbers of the two primary opposing factions!
We admitted: 34,679 Shiites, 48,297 Sunnis, and 2,116 Muslims of unknown orientation. Are we placing them in the same towns so they can continue their infighting? Are we placing Iraqi Christians among them? (The resettlement contractors must think that America’s magic melting pot will erase centuries of animosity—it won’t.)
Here is the map from the Refugee Processing Center of where the Iraqis have been placed. (There may be a way to find out which religions you got in your state, but I don’t know how to find that information. Knowing how the VOLAGs operate they probably sent you a smattering of all of them so you might have tensions in your community going forward.)
Here are the numbers resettled by fiscal year (again, I did not go back to the first wave of Iraqis who came in the wake of the first George Bush war). One thing that you will see clearly is that once we get rolling and admit large populations of a particular ethnic group, we don’t stop for years and years (Somalis have been coming for decades).
FY 2007: 1,608 (This is the first year I began writing this blog and I remember well how the VOLAGs and the Open Borders gang were haranguing GWB to open the flood gates for Iraqis which he finally did. They said we broke Iraq so it was our responsibility to resettle vast numbers of their warring factions.)
FY 2008: 13,822
FY 2009: 18,838
FY 2010: 18,016
FY 2011: 9,388 (this dip is due to the discovery of 2 Iraqi Islamic terrorists in Kentucky, so the feds had to re-screen all the incoming Iraqis.)
FY 2012: 12,163
FY 2013: 19,488
FY 2014: 19,769
FY 2015: 12,676
FY 2016: 9,880
For more than you ever wanted to know, visit our Iraqi refugee category by clicking here (706 previous posts!).
Endnote: LOL! This is how I get off track almost daily, I find something interesting to me and then don’t get to what I planned for the day. But, hopefully this is useful to some of you!
One more thing…. Don’t like what you see? You only have 14 days (including today) to get a commitment from your member of Congress to DEFUND the Refugee Admissions Program in the lame duck session of Congress! They won’t care what you think after November 8th!